Thursday, September 18, 2008

Well....now I guess I can officially say...I am pumped!!

As I type this, it's the night before those who will be taking part in the Vancouver Canucks Training Camp report to General Motors Place for fitness and medical testing.

My plan is to meet a few of the players (many of whom I know but the majority I've never met) during their meet-and-greet sessions with the local media. Following that, I'll be making my way up to Whistler to prepare for the two-day camp.

What is there to expect when the players hit the ice? Your guess is as good as mine! With the team getting right into real game action next Monday and Tuesday against the Edmonton Oilers, you'd have to anticiapte a lot of battle drills, special teams practice, etc.

It will be very interesting to see what approach the coaching staff take to the two days of on-ice sessions. I'll be shocked if the pace and tempo of the practices and/or scrimmages isn't at a high rate. The players are ready to get back on the ice. The coaches are ready to get back doing what they love. The pro and amateur scouts are anxiously awaiting to see the fruits of their labour over the summer.

I'll make further updates from Whistler as camp progresses, hi-liting anything that may be of interest to Canucks fans of any age. Of course, you can hear coverage of Canucks training camp on the Team 1040. Bob "The Moj" Marjanovich and Dave Tomlinson will have live coverage on Saturday from 12-4pm and on Sunday from 9am-1pm.

Enjoy the first real official weekend of Canucks hockey for the upcoming year!!!

No comments: